Saturday, February 28, 2009

Labels

I am not a liberal in the political sense and certainly not in the moral sense. Nor am I liberal spiritually speaking as it pertains to faith. (I hope it never becomes a crime for standing up for what you believe). I am however liberal in other ways that might not be popular with some. I have always felt more comfortable being myself than belonging to any one group... and I admire those who are true to themselves though they are outcast (There was this man... about 2000 or so years ago...) Anyway...that's what I hate about labels.

I could not be labeled very easily for a particular market... nor could a growing number of people in the world. So many ad people simply don't get it. The world is changing as are the people in it. Many are saying these words silently but who is listening?

I am not a market - I am a brand.
I am not a demogragraphic - I am an individual.
I am not a consumer - I am a producer.
I am not a statistic - I am a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment