Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Honesty

I trust the person who is honest about who they are, not so much the person who is honest about all they do... but that's just me.

The truth is, I'm not sure that not being honest is the same as being dishonest. Being fully honest is something we do with people we completely trust. Since very few people ever find someone they completely trust, it's a good bet that few of us ever feel safe being completely honest. Therefore, we create acceptable and believable facades that are constructed from our youth to become something real enough to believe ourselves and believed by others - even those we are closest to. I submit then that complete honesty isn't a reasonable expectation. It's something we hope we can share with someone one day and something we hope we can get.

You know who you are when I say that I am sorry our lives were so full of lies. I'm sorry to say that I never trusted you and no matter how hard I tried, I could never get even close to trusting you with who I was. I really am sorry and yet now it seems that where we ended was inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment