Monday, March 2, 2009

Sto lavorando

I used to get tried of trying to explain how I was working when it seemed I was doing nothing. As a designer I can tell you that if you are not an artist - painter, designer, architect, musician - it's nearly impossible to explain. But this story explains it as well as anything.

"...a visiting Prince came into Michelangelo's studio and found the master staring at a single 18-foot block of marble. Then he knew the rumors were true that Michelangelo had come in every day for the past four months, stared at the marble, and gone home for his supper. So the Prince asked the obvious, "What are you doing?" And Michelangelo turned around and looked at him and whispered, "Sto lavorando". "I'm working." Three years later, that block of marble was the Statue of David."

No comments:

Post a Comment