Friday, May 7, 2010

Humility is a loftier goal.

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. It has been 8 1/2 months since my last post..."
I guess I just had to wait until I had something important to say.

Shakespeare said "The most common thing in the world is the wish to be remarkable". I hope that all who feel the need to be known as something special, will someday find that simply being a child of God, and to be loving, kind, merciful, gracious and humble is the most remarkable thing of all. Jesus said that to be great is to be a servant. He also said that doing great things are only great when you don't give a crap about anyone knowing you did anything great (very loosely paraphrased). My wife, in fact is the most remarkable person I know simply because she truly believes she is unremarkable though she is one of the most remarkable people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment